Having cell phone coverage is pretty much “the norm” these days, but there are still many regions where there is poor or even no coverage. Annoying as this may be, it is a real show stopper if you rely on being able to use a hotspot to get access to the Internet.
Thankfully, there is technology available to increase the odds of connecting. This technology boosts the signal, so your cell phone connects easier. While it may not be such a big deal to boost a 2-bar strength to a 3-or-4 bar strength, but when it can boost the signal from ZERO to 1 or 2 bars, it will make all the difference.
The principle on how these devices work is quite simple. There are three parts involved: An antenna which is bigger than the one in your phone, an amplifier to strengthen the signal and another antenna that delivers the boosted signal to your phone.
We use this device in the motorhome (although we have also taken into the car when we know we are going to drive through a remote area). It is the very same technology used to boost cell signals in cars, busses and trains. It is simple to install, if you just want to put the antenna up on the roof )the higher the better) and run a cable through a window. If you want it permanently installed, you might need to have it done.
We have the internal antenna near our hotspots, ensuring our hotspots are always supplied with as strong a signal as possible. Oh, by the way, the booster works on ALL networks. It does not differentiate between them, it simply picks up cellular signals and amplifies them. So you are good to go whether you have AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon or any other.
weBoost Drive 4G-M Cell Phone Signal Booster for Car, Truck and RV use, for up to 4 devices
5 used from $ 255.00
- MULTI-USER BOOSTER - weBoost's most popular 4G vehicle cell phone signal booster.
- BOOSTS CELL SIGNALS UP TO 32X - Enhances 4G LTE and 3G signals for everyone in the vehicle (car, truck, van or RV).
- BETTER VOICE AND DATA - Get fewer dropped calls, better voice quality, faster uploads and downloads.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL US NETWORKS - Works on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Straight Talk and more.
- QUICK, EASY SETUP - Do-it-yourself installation.