We LOVE campfires . . . but don’t like the aftermath of dealing with smoky clothes and let’s face it, the smoke will get into everything. We are OK with that when we go tent camping, but would rather not have the smell of smoke in the motorhome.
We solved this by getting this portable gas fire pit. It is a breeze to set up and I use the same propane bottle I use for the BBQ. This little unit comes with lava rocks that heat up and disperses quite a lot of warmth once they get hot and start glowing red. It is perfect to sit outside with a glass of wine and some cheese. You could even roast marshmallows and do Smores on it.
Many parks will not allow open camp fires, but WILL allow these propane fires, an additional benefit we had not foreseen, but have taken advantage of many times.
It packs up by folding the little feet away and the whole thing fits into a bag that is included – no messing around with the lava rocks as they just stay put and the bag keeps them in place. Extremely convenient.
Camco 58041 Portable Propane Campfire with Storage Bag
- Natural lava rocks radiate heat
- Perfect for use in campgrounds with fire restrictions
- No smoke, no ash, no mess, and no need to buy expensive campground firewood
- Foldable legs make it easy to transport and store
- Includes 8 feet hose, adjustable regulator, lava rocks, storage bag